Phoenix Personal Injury Attorneys
Oswalt Law Group is one of the most trusted names in the Phoenix legal community. Our attorneys have gained a reputation for serving clients with a hands-on approach that focuses on problem solving and personalized legal care and advice. Serving as Arizona personal injury attorneys, Oswalt Law Group offers legal representation for several types of cases including personal injury and auto accidents.
What Is Personal Injury?
Personal injury cases involve injuries sustained as a result of wrongful conduct on the part of another party. This wrongful conduct is referred to as a “tort” and is controlled by civil law. This means that, unlike a criminal case, a civil case does not involve the state prosecuting a wrongdoer. Instead, it is up to the victim to take action against the negligent party to recover compensation for his or her injuries.
Personal injury includes a variety of types of cases, including:
- Animal bites. An animal bite may be the basis of a personal injury case, particularly if the owner failed to control or contain the animal properly.
- Workplace injuries. A wide range of workplace injuries have become the subject of personal injury lawsuits. While some injuries are compensated through workers’ compensation insurance, others may be grounds for a personal injury lawsuit.
- Birth injuries. When a baby is born with birth defects, it may be due to the negligent actions of medical personnel or others. Birth injuries may be the basis of a personal injury case.
- Medical malpractice. All types of injuries are sustained by patients due to the negligent actions of medical professionals. Medical malpractice cases are often filed against these medical personnel in order to recover damages.
- Traumatic brain injury. A car accident or other type of traumatic event may lead to brain injury and become the basis of a personal injury lawsuit.
- Spinal cord injury. Like traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries are often catastrophic and life-changing. Victims may have grounds to sue for compensation, including life-long expenses.
- Construction accidents. Construction workers are at high risk of accidents, and may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit if their employers or others are negligent.
- Nursing home abuse. The elderly are particularly vulnerable to injuries caused by negligence. Nursing home accident victims or their families may be able to recover compensation through a personal injury lawsuits.
- Slip-and-fall. A slip-and-fall accident may lead to minor or very serious injuries and may become the basis of a personal injury action.
- Motor vehicle accidents. Vehicle accidents, including car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle and pedestrian crashes, are some of the most common types of personal injury lawsuits.
- Wrongful death. Like personal injury, wrongful death cases seek compensation. However, in a wrongful death case, the surviving family sues the negligent party.
Do I Have a Personal Injury Case?
It is very important that you consult an attorney with experience in personal injury law before you assume that you do not have a personal injury case. If you are injured, you may be facing high medical bills, lost wages and other financial problems as well as your own pain and suffering. A personal injury attorney can review the facts of your case and determine if you have grounds to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Remember that most personal injury cases do not go to trial. Your attorney will advise you on the best way to negotiate your case with an insurance company or other party, as well as give you sound advice on the figure you should consider in settlement.
It is also important to keep in mind that personal injury cases have a statute of limitations, or a time limit on when they can be filed. It is important to take action as soon as possible in order to avoid losing your right to file a personal injury lawsuit and recover damages.
Arizona Personal Injury Lawyers
Oswalt Law Group offers personalized attention to injury cases for clients in:
- El Mirage
- Paradise Valley
- Sun City
With the help of Oswalt Law Group, those who are searching for support in collecting compensation for the injuries they have sustained can find professional, compassionate assistance. Our attorneys are available at any time for a free consultation about your injury case, so call today. Do not spend another day worrying about your medical bills or suffering from physical pain and mental anguish. Call today to see how Oswalt Law Group can help you.